POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't upload file to p.b.a : Re: Can't upload file to p.b.a Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't upload file to p.b.a
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Mar 2004 08:36:46
Message: <4055b16e$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4055a0b2$1@news.povray.org> , "Steve Shelby"
<ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:

> But my file is only 876 kb, and I looked at other posts and there are many
> which ar larger than that. What could be wrong?
> Steve Shelby

It is that size *before* encoding.  Your newsreader first has to encode it,
which adds at least 25%.  The larger messages you see are multipart posts
where the newsreader (automatically) split the file into several smaller
chunks.  While this will work, it is recommended you do no make too heavy
use of it (you could also post like 10 GB with it in 10000 parts)...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde